Canadian Citizenship is granted to Individuals if they meet the following criteria:
  • Be a permanent resident
  • Are living in Canada for 3 of the last 5 years or 1095 days
  • Have filed your taxes for three years preceding your application
  • Provide language skills proof (English or French)
  • Pass a Citizenship test
People who do not pass the eligibility criteria to become permanent residents of Canada can apply on humanitarian and compassionate grounds. Humanitarian and compassionate grounds (H & C) apply to people with unique cases.

Factors that are looked into include:
  • Establishment of the person living in Canada
  • General family links to Canada
  • The best interests of any children involved
Foreign residents can file protection claims at the port of entry or request refugee protection inside Canada if they fear persecution or threat to their life if they return to their country of citizenship or of conventional residence.

Convention refugees are the ones who spend and earn their living outside their home country or the country they normally live in. They’re unable to return due to well-founded fear of persecution based on:
  • Race
  • Religion
  • political opinion
  • Nationality
  • Being part of a sexually-oriented group

A person demanding protection in Canada is a person who can’t return to his home country safely. Since, if they think of coming back, they may face:
  • Danger of torture
  • Risk to their life
  • Risk of cruel and violent treatment or punishment

The Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) is an independent board that is responsible for making decisions on immigration and refugee matters.

The IRB decides who may be a Convention refugee or an individual in need of protection.

At SP Immigrations, we are licensed, authorized, and experienced to represent clients before IRCC, IRB, and CBSA.
Foreign Nationals in Canada whose claim for protection has been refused by the Refugee Division of IRB can appeal the decision in the Refugee Appeal Division of IRB.

Being a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant, we will assist you together with your Refugee and asylum Appeal process at RAD and represent you.

Refugee and asylum Appeal is generally filed when there is a flaw of law or fact or both within the decision rendered by the Member of the Refugee Division.

If your claim of Refugee and Asylum Appeal has been refused, please feel free to contact us for a review of your refusal and file an appeal in the Refugee and Asylum Division of the IRB.
error: Content is protected !!