Dependent Visa


New Zealand offers a range of visas to help unite partners and children. You can apply for a dependent visa if your partner is a New Zealand citizen or resident and you want to live with them in New Zealand. If you’re granted New Zealand residence, you are able to live, work and study here indefinitely.

You and your partner will need to meet the following criteria to apply for this visa:
  • Your relationship needs to be true and stable.
  • You must be living with your partner for 12 months or more.
  • You are required to meet the health and character requirements.
  • You must have the assistance of your partner.
  • Your partner must be willing and eligible to support your application.

You can apply for a provisional work or visit visa to live with your spouse in New Zealand if you both meet the eligibility requirements. Your visa will be valid for the same duration as your partner if your partner holds a temporary visa in New Zealand. If your partner is a New Zealand citizen or resident you can apply for a work or visitor visa of 12-24 months duration.

error: Content is protected !!